Looking back, even though it was chaotic, I do appreciate how I worked full time up until the day before I had Reid. There was no time to think, mull, wonder, speculate, decide, etc. Now I find my thoughts always wondering when, how, early, late, induced, natural???
I have also been thinking a lot about the epidural. I didn't have any pain medication with Reid and though it was tough (and painful) it was quick and I sure felt wonderful as soon as he was out. What about this time?
At first I was told that with multiples you have to have an epidural because of c-section risks, etc. However, I discussed this with "Dr. Risky" (my high-risk obgyn) and he said my babies are in good position and if I want to go without an epidural, I can. I've thought about it a lot and have decided that if things are progressing as quickly, I'll go without. I'm not trying to prove anything, it's just why bother when I know I can do it naturally. Also, for me, the bathtub is my epidural. As long as I'm in the water I'm happy. Must be the Aquarius in me ;)
So I am here waiting. Praying that the babies will wait a little longer to be in the clear and not have to visit the NICU, but also praying that I'll be able to withstand these last uncomfortable weeks.




No comments:
Post a Comment