Friday, April 23, 2010

33 Weeks - And a CONTEST!

Another appointment and another ultrasound!

First let me just say that I gained a pound! My first gain in many, many weeks. I may celebrate with a slurpee today!

Babies looked great (and squished). Baby A was playing with its foot - grabbing it, bringing it to its mouth, etc. It was very cute and the foot was adorable. Baby A weighs 4.3 lbs, was practicing breathing, heart rate was 140 bpm and was moving like crazy!

Baby B was a bit quieter. Heart rate was 130 bpm. Weight is 3.9 lbs, it was practicing breathing and we again got such an adorable profile look. Full lips and a button nose.

They are both head down. Unlikely to change positions at this point. Amniotic fluid levels are great. The "plan" is to wait until my body says, "I'm ready" or if there is some reason to intervene due to a sudden problem with me or the babies. If I were to reach 37 weeks then they would induce. There is no need for a c-section unless an emergency situation were to arise.

Here's the CONTEST. The winner will win a $10 gift card from Starbucks.

Guess the sexes, birth weight and birthday of the babies. If you don't have a google account, you can still comment by clicking on anonymous. Just remember to put your name under your comment!

Just so you know:
- I had Reid a month early (36 weeks)
- 50% of twins are born between 34 and 37 weeks
- as for dates...Wed. I was 33 wks, so next week (Apr. 28) I'll be 34. Jump up a week every Wed.
- anyone who guesses any time after 38 weeks will be disqualified. Just because it's my contest and DO YOU KNOW HOW UNCOMFORTABLE I AM!?!

Happy Guessing!

You have until 11:59pm, April 28th* to enter a guess. Contest winner announced when babies arrive! *Changed*

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

We think the babies are going to be born on May 9th - just in time to celebrate Mother's Day. We think you are having one of each - a boy (6.3) and a girl (5.11). Good guess???
Adele and Jim

cuz said...

WELL...... Kaitlyn says that Reid is having a baby brother and a baby sister. She also says "maybe tonight mommy" when asked when the babies will be born!! She also has this ongoing script that it is 2 girls named Carley & Pauline and they are her sisters....they are always going to festivals!! OHHH the mind of a 4 year old.

My guess is boy (5.6) & girl (4.8) day of birth will be April 27th but then a part of me keeps going to April 29th.

Dan's input is....Murphy's law will prevail and be 2 girls! Definitely while we are away (April 26 - May 10).

Love you guys & we cannot wit to meet these 2 beautiful additions to the family XO

Ashley A. said...

Well this is hard, I think they will be born May 15th. I have been thinking it will be a boy and a girl BUT I am always wrong so I will go against my gut and say 2 boys Baby A (5 lb 4.5 oz) and Baby B (4.7)

Jen said...

Oh fun!

First of all, congrats on your pound. :)

I say a girl and a boy. Born Sunday, May 16th. 6 lbs, 1 oz. & 5 lbs. 6 oz.

cuz said...

Saturday morning update from Kaitlyn (good for a laugh - she must have been thinking about this all night).

She says, "Babies will be born in June both 40 lb".

Good luck with that!! LOL

Enjoy the last little bit of pregnancy.

Anonymous said...

My guess is both boys weighing 5.10pounds and 5.0 pounds. The date is going to be May 1. Best wishes in your final weeks!! :)

Renelle

Jen Wilson said...

I'm guessing:
May 10th.
Twin girls.
5.3 lbs
5.0 lbs

For some reason I automatically thought of them as boys, since you already have a boy (and another blog I read with a similar name (Tubal Tales) just had twin boys and already has a boy) BUT I'm going against that and guessing GIRLS!

Jill said...

May 5th
2 little pink ladies
Baby A - 5 lbs 13 oz
Baby B - 5 lbs 2 oz
Keep slurpin' (try Brandee's slush shakes)

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing May 8th... I think you are having a boy (5.12) and a girl (5.2).

I can't wait to hear some news!!! :-)

Miriam