Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Road Trip

Today we drove over 800 kms from Ottawa to New Brunswick. Reid did awesome. Here's what I learned today:
1. Being a planner paid off. Everything worked smoothly.

2. Pick up a coffee when you leave, even if you don't think you need one, because 19 minutes into driving and you REALLY want a coffee...for the rest of the morning.
3. Quebec's speed limit of 100 is really lame. However, the cops with radar at every 10 kms was even LAMER. (no, we didn't get a ticket or speed...we just had to drive slow).

4. People in Montreal have a very interesting set of rules for 4-way stops. The rule is "there are no rules".

5. Ordering McDonals in English, to a French speaking only worker is difficult. I wish I would have taken French more seriously in school.

6. Lap top used as a DVD player to show Curious George...priceless.

7. Del and I are in love with Carman in Garmin (or GPS lady). She toured us around like nobody's buisness.

8. The EAST is beautiful!

Here's our lunch stop (outside of Montreal):


Our car and hotel (our room has the sliding door open):



Tomorrow we will see the ocean!

No comments: