Thursday, November 6, 2008

Where Did My Baby Go?


To start off...this picture makes me giggle. It's like after 8 months of posing with his guy, he's finally noticed him. Very funny.


I write to you sleep deprived yet another day. For some reason Reid is on a sleeping, playing alone and eating protest. I'm guessing it has to do with his teeth. I thought once the teeth were poking through, all signs of grumpiness disappeared.


This time last week, I was "bragging" that Reid had been put to bed at 7pm and woke up at 7:30 am. That was our usual life. I should have kept my mouth shut! Last night Reid woke up at 1:30am. I tried to avoid nursing him but he was practically crawling his way under my shirt so I gave in. After nursing (which happened on occasion before) he usually goes back into a deep, milk induced dreamland. Not the case last night! He CRIED until 3am when Del FINALLY got him back to sleep. We checked his diaper, he already had Motrin, we rocked him, we let him "cry it out". He was having no part of it. He just wanted to be held. Period.


I'm trying hard to keep myself from thinking that this will now be my life. I have to realize it's probably just teething. The Doctor did mention on Tues. that Reid's throat was a little red. Perhaps he's not feeling well. He's not as content during the day. He doesn't like to be left alone to play, does NOT like his beloved exersaucer, and just rolls around from one end of the living room to the other. I think he's also frustrated that he can't move. Maybe he'll crawl sooner than I think!


Lastly, yesterday he BIT me while nursing for the first (and hopefully last) time. O-U-C-H!
My response was getting the can of formula out (that I've been staring at for 8 months) and making a bottle. He of course wanted no part of it. Nor does he want any part of sippy cups, straws or cups. We'll keep trying.


So that's how things are rolling here today. I think a group nap is in order!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You may have learned an important lesson - once you say it the opposite happens (sleeping from 7-7:30). Everything only lasts for a little while, even though it may seem like a LONG little while.

Jill said...

I got your message today! I was a little jealous... enjoy!
Poor little guy! I hope you 3 get some sleep soon.

Anonymous said...

ohhhhhhhhh dear Reid is travelling in on the same road as his dear cuz Cohen!!! You made me laugh (with love of course) because that was us 2 months ago!! Hang in there......the biting (and everything else) does get better!!! :)
On a side note........maybe he is just missing his Granpa & Granma.......