Monday, November 24, 2008

Brilliant!

Reid is a genius! If I do say so.

I've been following The Secrets of the Baby Whisperer since before Reid was born. If you're having a baby anytime soon, or even have toddlers for that matter, I HIGHLY recommend her book. She really helps parents understand their children and offers good hints for parenting.

ANYWAY.

In her book she suggests starting to put babies on the toilet at around 9 months. The reason being is so that it becomes part of a daily routine so that when baby is older, they won't resist going on the potty.

ANYWAY.

She also suggests putting them on the toilet when you know they are due for a "movement". Reid always performs his "movements" during breakfast. So after breakfast this morning I went to change him. There was no "movement". I remembered her book and advice so I thought, "ah, let's try it.". I put him on the toilet. He looked at me very wide-eyed. Pretty instantly he started peeing. "Ah, it's the cold air", I said to myself. HOWEVER within another moment, he grunted and pooped 3 baby logs. TOO FUNNY! I wiped his bum with toilet paper and flushed it down. Pretty easy diaper change.

MOVING ON.

Yesterday we had a Grey Cup par-tay at our house. Reid was a total grump. He was in bed sleeping for the night by 6:45pm. Apparently he doesn't "do" parties.

I mentioned earlier that Reid thinks I'm pretty funny. I like that. Yesterday I sneezed and thought I had scared him. Instead, he cracked up laughing. So, of course, I pulled out some fake sneezes to get it all on video. It's how we entertain ourselves around here.

In case you haven't noticed. I LOVE BEING A MOM. Thank you, Lord.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's totally a genius. Avelyn refuses to pee on the potty and will, I fear, be in diapers until she's 12. :)

TheSkookumPenguin said...

I'm on the chapter where you do the quiz to find out what type of baby you have. I already have an idea but we'll see what it says. :-)

I'm quite impressed with your little genius - here's hoping he makes an early habit of going on the potty! Think of all the money you'll save on diapers! :-)

Miriam