This morning Reid and I trekked off to my mom's group at my church. I did notice that when I tried starting the truck (it's an SUV but we call it the truck) with the automatic start it didn't work. But I ignored that and chalked it up to the automatic start not working. Mistake number 1.
After mom's group, I decided to go through the McDonald's drive thru and get a Chicken McGrill so that I wouldn't have to make lunch when I got home. Mistake number two.
In the drive thru, as I was trying to leave, my truck stopped and wouldn't start again. Let's remember I'm in a drive thru, blocking the way, with a hungry, tired and poopy baby in the back seat. Ugh!
So I got the McDonald's guys to push me over to the drive thru parking spot, called my dad to come and rescue us and called Del. As I was waiting for my rescue, I ate my McGrill (well, I'm not about to let that part of my day be ruined) and changed Reid's poopy diaper. I then played with him.
The battery connection was corroded, the battery was dead, my mom then ended up coming to bring tools and sit with Reid while my dad and I went and bought a new battery. An hour and a bit later and we were home. Reid was as good as gold (after the poopy pant change) and fell asleep on the way home.
Thanks mom and dad. I may be a mom myself, but I still need you :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
That sucks! Hope your day got better!
Oh man. That totally sucks!! Glad you got home alright though!!
Post a Comment