Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Canada Day!



Reid had a very fun first Canada Day. He spent the morning with his dad (while mom got her hair done) and then for supper we went out to a dear family friend's farm for our annual July 1st BBQ and baseball game. Here he is having morning coffee with daddy:

Fun was had by all. I ate my annual hot dog and we had a rip-roaring game of ball. Reid took it all in. Reid and I were captains of one team and so we got to choose our players. We chose daddy, of course!




Before the awards were handed out, my nephew Austin played O'Canada on his violin and we all sang along. He did an awesome job!

After the game (though our team lost) Reid got the "Rookie of the Year" award. Daddy got the most sportsman like award which was a little questionable :)


On the way home the adventure continued as we hit a deer. Thankfully we just nipped it in the butt (literally) and there is no damage to our vehicle. We're not sure how well the deer made out. Good defensive driving Del!

As we were driving home through the city, we caught a glimpse of the fireworks so we pulled over and watched them.

Happy Canada Day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh I love your stroller net! I have one for rain...but the net seems better for bugs. Great blog!