Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Goings On

Things are moving along here on this 'ranch'.

Reid is all about being three.  He can do all sorts of things!  He can wash his hands independently and was thrilled about this new found freedom until a few days ago when the novelty wore off.  I asked him to go and wash his hands after eating.  His reply, "No, I don't need to wash my hands.  I can just shake 'em".

We're living in the land of reverse psychology.  He will go out of his way to do exactly what you have asked him NOT to do.  So we're playing 'wrangle that pre-schooler'.  Some days I win, some days he wins ;).


He certainly knows how to push his sister's buttons.  With Avery, it's loud noises that makes her fuss so he'll go out of his way to growl at her.

This always goes over really well:
We are trying to weather the winter weather with fun family activities.  We had a pizza picnic at the rink (a.k.a. the basement)
 and lots of hockey:


The girls are absolute stinkers!  They always want the same thing and go out of their way to bug each other.  They are also very affectionate towards each other with lots of hugs and cuddles.  It's exactly like watching bear cubs in a National Geographic film.

Avery

Morgan
 Morgan gets into EVERYTHING.  Here she has gotten herself stuck under a stool:
 And here I am digging her from inside the pantry:
 Reid is really interested in books and is found 'reading' quite a lot:
 I'm having fun doing hair.  Avery has crazy long hair at the top and Morgan's is longer at the back.  It's a lot of fun to do!
We also had a fun family night last Friday with my nephew Austin.  We went out for supper (twins get a LOT of attention at a restaurant...we had about 5 different people stop at our table and ask us questions). Then we took everyone swimming.  Morgan enjoyed her first time in the pool.  Avery did NOT.  She was tired but it was also very loud and echoey and she hates loud noises.  So she spent the entire time crying.  I don't have any pictures but it was a 'kind-of-fun' evening!

1 comment:

Miller Moments said...

So cute, can;t believe how quickly they all are growing up.