First, look HERE for a great post done by Reid's amazing babysitter. She had an awesome birthday party for him on Friday. He had a blast!
Sadly, I remember listening to friends talk about their sleep troubles with children. I didn't understand. When we had Reid, there were very few nights where we lost sleep. Even as a newborn, he would just eat and go right back to sleep.
These girls have been a different story.
Morgan has never been a good sleeper. We have blamed preemie, stomach issues, reflux, gas and any number of other things. The fact is she just is not a good sleeper. We have followed every "rule" that we did with Reid. He is a good sleeper. She is not. She goes to sleep independently, but often wakes up to eat and 'toot'. She just is less tolerant to discomfort.
Avery is a good sleeper. When not interrupted by her sister. Babies sharing a room is NOT fun. Think about your own kids. Would you like two teething babies in one room? They feed off of each other. Often Morgan's cries wake Avery and then she wants to eat - or is simply woken up and ready for the day (at 5am). And then her baby mumbles, giggles and moans prevent Morgan from going back to sleep. Awesome fun.
Last night (which is perhaps a bit more intense then the average) this is what it looked like:
8pm all kids in bed sleeping
11pm - Morgan wakes up and drinks an entire bottle
1:30am - Morgan wakes up again, 'tooting' and crying. I give her Ovol and a little bit of milk. She eventually goes back to sleep.
2:00 am - Reid wakes up and crawls into our bed (he's been doing this recently - I think it's the fact that he is now potty trained and is waking up to pee). I immediately take him back to his bed and lay with him for a few minutes.
4:00 am - Morgan is up again. She drinks another WHOLE bottle. This time she is very restless and doesn't want to go back to sleep. She starts yelling, "da, da, da". She comes into our bed and eventually falls asleep between us.
5:00 am - Avery starts waking up. I ignore her until 5:45 when she will not be ignored any longer. She drinks an entire bottle.
6:15 am - Avery drifts back to sleep. I crawl into bed, trying not to wake Morgan. Just as I pull the covers over my shoulder, Reid's door know jiggles and in he comes! I scoot off to bed with him as not not wake Morgan.
6:45 am - We're all up. Reid never goes back to sleep, Avery wakes up (or did she even go back to sleep?) and Morgan's up.
Now, I know "this too shall pass", I know that one day menopause or teenagers or both will keep me up. I know I should probably do this or that. But you know what? This is my blog, and I'll rant if I want to.
Happy Monday, everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
That SUCKS! I just have Claire (for the most part) to deal with and some nights are brutal.
We'll laugh about this over drinks on the deck in a few years... right?
was it a full moon?? Our house was crazy too....I ended up sleeping in bed with K at 1am (she was having dreams about the wiki-tiki's - thank you Scooby Doo). I come back downstairs at 4am to go back to sleep and find C sleeping on my side of the bed.... Here's the kicker - I go into our bathroom (in the dark) and just about fall into the toilet as C has left the seat up during his late night pee. I then trudge back upstairs to go slepp in C's bed and fall up the stairs! *sigh* and another week begins! LOL
Post a Comment