Del and I commented the other night how well we work together. I think he was needing to give one of the girls a bottle that I had beside me and so I threw it across the living room and he caught it in one fell swoop, not spilling a drop. Kind of like Tom Cruise when he worked as a bartender in Cocktail. Having twins has brought team work to a whole new level!
We know when each other has had enough and needs a break or needs to go to bed or sleep in. We know that we have no choice but to drop "roles" and just do whatever we can, whenever we have a chance.
Having twins and a two year old involves a LOT of multi-tasking. It's kind of like owning a small business. There is a certain amount of productivity that needs to occur each day. Gone are the days of putting it off until tomorrow. Del has struggled the most with this as he has a natural tendency to lounge first, work later. I however can't relax until "everything" is done. So he's had to learn to step it up and I've had to learn to back off. I think we've met each other half way pretty well!
The biggest change for me in having three young kids is that there is never a "done". The laundry is never caught up. The floor never stays clean. The papers never stop piling up. I could work all day and half the night and still never be "done". So I've let go and just do enough each day to not start the next day behind.
This weekend we spent the whole weekend cleaning up and organizing. I went through clothes, the deep freeze, bedrooms, toys, the kitchen, etc. Even the kitchen cupboards got wiped down. It felt so good to get organized after being out of commission for the past 7+ months. There is still a lot I want to do but it will get done in time.
The reality is our kids aren't going to remember how clean and organized their house was growing up (although I hope they'll appreciate it). They will, however, remember how much we played with them and loved them.




3 comments:
It's true. They really won't remember how organized and clean your house is but, they will remember being played with, looked after and hugged regularly. You two are doing awesome!
Sounds like you're doing pretty awesome! Noah and I are the same way with tasks/cleaning - I like to lounge first, work later; he can't relax until the task/cleaning is done. I think we drive each other nuts sometimes!
We are all tasked with choosing between fun and work when it comes to the kids.... it's finding the happy medium that is sometimes challenging! You are doing a GREAT job with three little souls in your care! Way to go!!!
Post a Comment