Thursday, September 23, 2010

Random Autumn Thoughts

Random thoughts for this dull, dreary first day of Fall.

1. I'm baking buns this afternoon to go with our crock pot supper.  They are actually rising (I tried and failed at bread making last week-flat bread anyone?) and I hope it's a success.  Sure smells good in here.

2. I've bought three things on-line this week (crocheted hats, Halloween costumes and Babylegs for the girls).  I'd better quit.

3. I sold $85 worth of maternity clothes and baby stuff yesterday.  I have my breast pump and most of my boys clothes also spoken for.

4. We are going to look at 5 houses tomorrow afternoon with our realtor.  Just a look-see.

5. I figured out the kids Halloween costumes.  I'm not telling what they'll be, it's a surprise. However, I can't convince Reid to try his on.  He doesn't get it.  Even when I mention candy.

6. Reid is adorable.  The things he's saying and thinking about are so cute.  He's really into kissing me and the girls...but only on the forehead.  I think that's because Del kisses me on the forehead and he watches.  The other night they were leaving for swimming and Del kissed me on the lips.  Reid stepped up right behind him and kissed me on the lips and then marched off to the car.  It was so cute!

7. Reid told me at breakfast yesterday that he wants to get on the bus and go to school.  Just like "Rynan" and "Au-tin".  I got a bit choked up and told him he would have his turn but right now he has to stay home to keep Mommy company.

8. The girls are delicious.  Avery is so sweet and patient.  She always gives a smile and will contently wait and wait for her turn.  They are both fighting colds right now (stuffy noses) but are doing great considering.  Morgan is a hoot with her zest for life and twinkle in her eye.  We will have our hands full with that little Mighty Mouse.

9. I have 8 rows of carrots lodged in mud that I really don't want to pull out.  Please sun, COME OUT!  The few I've mudded out are a great size and delicious.  Just a terrible job if it doesn't dry out.

10.  Reid's swimming lessons are going, well, swimmingly!  He's such a fish (like his mother).  He floats on his back, dunks under, blows bubbles and can touch the bottom.  He LOVES it and can only be convinced to get out of the pool with the promise of popcorn.

Here's hoping for a sunny weekend!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Sounds like you're settling into mat. leave bliss! :)