I have always loved home. I credit most of that to my loving parents who worked hard to make our house a home growing up and always put pride in our home. We do that, too. I'm a home body. I could stay home for many days and nights and not feel the need to leave. I dream about en suite bathrooms, walk in closets, granite countertops, big kitchen islands, lake-front property, etc. I could never build a house because my "wants" we could never afford.
When we bought this house it was going to be our "forever" home. We decorated just the way I like. We have put a lot of sweat, money and even some blood and tears into this place. We love our home, love the area and our neighbours. However, things changed the day we saw two babies on the ultrasound screen instead of one. Since then, we've pondered moving and lately we've become more serious about our need for space (perhaps this has to do with two cribs jammed in a bedroom and constant tripping over baby furniture). We've done a lot of renovations but we just can't make more space. The bedrooms are tight and the thought of having three teenagers here is daunting. Do we NEED to move, no. Do we want a bigger house, yes.
I want a large kitchen island. I want the kitchen to be open to the family room so that our kids can play and still see Mama. We want a newer area with lots of young families our age. I want to be closer to my parents so when I yell to my Mom, "please-help-me-right-now" I don't have to feel so guilty of her driving across the city.
However, we don't want to be house poor. We want to be able to afford me working part time. We want to be able to afford our kids being in lots of activities. So the debate rages as to do we move or do we stay?
Yesterday we met with a realtor to start looking at houses (there's only so much one can see on MLS). We're going to start looking to see if the grass is actually greener on the other side or if we should just stay put. We really aren't looking to move until the spring or next summer as I'm not quite in the mood to start packing. Also, we're looking for a 2 story and really don't want to be in one until I'm no longer making bottles in the middle of the night.
So, we'll see. Anyone want to buy our house?




4 comments:
I'm the same as you. Love House Hunters and go on MLS every single day to check the new listings.
But like you, we don't want to be house broke. So for now, we stay put.
Good luck with your decision!
Sigh... we're in the same boat.
Maybe, next spring, we'll have a race to see who's house sells the quickest. My bet's on your's with the funky finished basement and all.
I want your house! Actually, I don't know what your house looks like, except for the videos I watch on your blog... but I just want a house! Apartment living is only good for so long....
I love your house, it's so cosy and definately has a nice comfy, home-y feel to it. Being in the middle of a house building project, it is a huge task with an overwhelming amount of choices. I'm sure it will be worth it in the end, but it is very hard to be patient in the meantime.
I chose lifestyle over big, fancy house. Kids learn so much from being invovled in different activities and having different experiences. I bet you will hardly all be home at the same time once you are trying to co-ordinate 3 sets of music lessons, swim lessons, skating lessons, dance classes, etc.
Post a Comment