Yesterday was quite the day.
First of all we were coming off of having my cousin and her kids stay with us. Reid was SO excited to have "fwends" and has been looking for them ever since they left. We had a blast!
Del had the morning off so I had booked all three kids in for immunizations. Reid hadn't yet gotten his 18 month shots because of the H1N1 (the health office wasn't doing them in the fall) and because of our busy house these past months. Anyway. Del's Mom surprised us with a quick visit and was due to arrive late morning.
The shots went very well. Reid went first and cried just for a few seconds. We rewarded him with three chocolate chips (one for each needle) and a juice box (a new exciting thing in his world). He happily played with Grandma (my mom) in the waiting room while we did the girls.
We went home and I quickly ran for groceries before Del had to leave for work. I hadn't given the kids any pain meds as it wasn't recommended by the nurses. I had always given Reid Tylenol before a shot and he never showed any negative reaction to the needles. When I got home, Del's mom was here and Del then left for work. We visited, put Reid down for a nap and I quickly scratched out thank-you cards to send home with Del's mom. Morgan started to stir to want to be fed so I started warming up bottles. Del's mom was going to have enough time to help me feed before she was getting picked up to leave.
It all went downhill from there.
Morgan didn't feed well and started crying. Avery started crying the minute I got her ready to feed. Reid was sleeping. Morgan and Avery grew more and more hysterical as the feed went on. They both started SCREAMING which woke Reid up and he started crying. This chaos went on for about 20 minutes. Amidst all the crying, Del's mom's ride showed up and she had to leave. That left me ALONE with three SCREAMING children. I started to cry so I quickly called my mom and sister and they came over to help me.
I gave everyone a dose of Tylenol and within about 20 minutes all was calm. The babies slept and my sister took Reid to her house.
It takes a village, people. It takes a village.
Oh, and the stats:
Reid is in the 97th percentile for height and off the chart for weight (ya think?). If we double his height at 2.5 years, we can have a good estimation of how tall he'll be as an adult. That makes him 6 feet 5 inches. YIKES!
Avery is in the 25th percentile for height and the 70th percentile for weight (12 lbs 12 oz).
Morgan is not on the charts for height and is in the 10th percentile for weight (10 lbs 2 oz). Way to go, Mighty Mouse!
Everyone is doing just great!




No comments:
Post a Comment