My wonderful Hubbie turns 40 today!
In celebration, I have been thinking of all the things I love about him. He's taken Reid out of town to visit his family so I am home with the girls and have been spending the day making a list.
Here it goes.
The 40 things I love about you, Del:
1. Your wonderful sense of humour.
2. The fact that your glass is always half full.
3. How sensitive you are (in a manly sort of way :)).
4. What a great father you are to our three beautiful kiddies.
5. Your love for the Lord and strong, quiet faith.
6. That right now, in this stage of life, your hobby is our kids.
7. That you're more than willing to get up in the middle of the night with me to tend to our brood.
8. How excited you are to come home each day to see us.
9. That you never whine or complain...much.
10. How you love me.
11. That you always rub my back, even if you're tired of it.
12. That you love our families.
13. Your love of music.
14. Your ability to see past the "fluffy" materialistic things in life.
15. Your faithfulness.
16. How easily you get excited about the things Reid or I get excited about.
17. Your selflessness.
18. Your willingness to put yourself aside to do what's best for our kids and our family.
19. Your generosity.
20. How you love to have fun.
21. How easily you make friends.
22. That you encourage me.
23. Your contentment to just be at home.
24. How you humour me and all of my travel adventures/schemes.
25. Your confidence.
26. The ability you have to "chat it up" with anyone.
27. The gentleness and compassion you show for the downtrodden and "unloveable".
28. How in the midst of a stressful and thankless job, you spend the time to make a difference in someone's life.
29. Your love of cooking.
30. The way you accept anyone "just as they are".
31. That you are a "baby guy" where most men don't love babies, you are an exception.
32. That you love our mini-van and our proud to drive it.
33. That you were there, holding my hand, through every procedure, appointment, ultrasound, labour and delivery in these past three years.
34. How excited you were the day we found out we were having twins; as I was bawling.
35. How you can laugh and poke fun at yourself.
36. Your love of nature and all things outdoors.
37. Your passion for sports, but not to the point that you "have" to know the score or watch the game.
38. I love your boyish charm.
39. You are the most patient person I've met.
40. That 6.5 years ago, you chose me.
I love you.




2 comments:
We love Del too. Happy B-day, Big-D!
That is why you make such a good couple because you are all those things and more. Happy belated B-day Del.
Post a Comment