Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Work

Work.

That's what we've been doing for a long while this spring.

First, we built this front flower garden. Peas are to the left (in the black soil) and the rest are perennial bushes. It was a lot of work but we're happy with the results and glad to have it finished.



This is the Urban Garden. We got a plot last minute and I spent a good deal of time on Saturday planting. It's my first official garden so I hope to reap a lot of vegetables in the fall.


I planted 36 hills of potatoes, onions, red onion, spinach, lettuce, green beans, red peppers, zucchini, beets and 5 rows of carrots. I'm in trouble if I get a bountiful harvest considering harvest time will be right when school starts.


Here's outdoor "Jack" cruzin' with his lawn mower. He's only now getting used to grass and is starting to venture off of the blanket.


This is a busy week with music recitals to attend, our school Musical is on, work is busy with meetings, we have a birthday party to attend and we're planning on going to see Del's family sometime this weekend.
Happy Spring!

No comments: