
Reid is fourteen months old today (I promise I'll stop with the months soon). To celebrate I pulled out the picture that was taken one year ago today when he was two months. Awwwww...look how little he was, and look how big Teddy looked!
To celebrate I'll write down 14 Fun Facts:
1. Outside is the place to be. Today we learned that it's important to put sunscreen on the Mommy and Daddy...not just the baby. Del and I look "lobster-ish" after a day in the beautiful weather.
2. Del weighed Reid on our home scale yesterday. 30 pounds! He weighs more than my friend's two-year-old.
3. In the past few days Reid is able to stand from a seated position without pulling himself up on anything.
4. Reid can show you where his ears are...if he feels like it ;)
5. Reid spent some time in the church nursery today. He did well, he'll be on his own next week.
6. Reid's favorite book right now is Goodnight Gorilla.
7. Reid's favorite food is banana loaf, grapes, oranges and waffles (the big Belgian homemade kind).
8. If you're lying on your back in the middle of our living room floor, be prepared to have Reid do the pile-driver wrestling move. It hurts. (See point number two).
9. Nothing...I mean NOTHING can get completed while Reid is awake. He crawls into the dishwasher, opens cupboards, unrolls the toilet paper and follows you around to see what he can "help" with.
10. Reid LOVES watching the Kitchen Aid mixer in action (making all of those banana loaves).
11. Reid is working SO hard on his eye teeth and two more bottom teeth. He chews on his fingers a lot. I've been giving him Motrin the last couple of nights and that has gotten him back to his regular sleeping habits.
12. Reid sleeps for an hour in the morning, two hours in the afternoon and then 10-12 hours at night. It's a good thing.
13. Reid LOVES his soothers. He sleeps with one in his mouth and one in each hand. He's not allowed soothers during the day (only for sleeping) so it's like he's reunited with his long-lost lover when he sees a "Soosie".
14. (the best of all) Reid will give you a big, open mouth kiss when we ask for one (and sometimes when we don't).
Here's a favorite photo of Reid after lunch. He always has a really bad milk mouth because he drinks from a regular cup. I love the look.




No comments:
Post a Comment