Del sent me downstairs to turn on our water (that goes outside...it gets turned off for the winter). It's above our spare bed. I stepped up on the bed, turned on the tap, and as I was stepping off the bed my foot landed on the exercise ball and I went ass over tea kettle and landed on my head. I had to lay there for awhile. Nothing was hurt (just a bruise on my elbow) but I'm sure it didn't look pretty. I'm glad I was able to get up and put myself back together before Del found me. Graceful, I know.
Monday I woke up at 4am with the WORST kink in my neck. It was brutal! I stumbled to the medicine cabinet to take ibuprofen and rub some A535 on my neck. As I was going back to sleep I realized that I had transplanted annoying daisies from my back flower garden to the front. So I spent about an hour problem solving how I would need to dig them out of the front and find a new, less annoying, perennial.
This morning I found out that I am able to get a 10 x 20 garden plot at our neighbourhood urban gardens. I'm so excited! It's only $20 for the rent and they rototill and provide the water. We'll do some planting later this week. It's only about a 10 minute walk from our house so I'll be able to go over in the afternoons or evenings with Reid to weed and water. I'm busy planning out my veggies!
Reid continues to ride the grumpy train. I sure hope these teeth appear soon. All of his gums are so swollen. I've tried giving him cold things (fruit juice freezies, even ice cream) but he doesn't like the cold and it's hard to explain to him that it would make his gums feel better. Poor guy! He has discovered some new loves though. He really likes to colour and he now loves listening to stories. He will want you to read the same book OVER AND OVER until you have to hide the book and distract him. We are all hoping that the weather gets nicer so that we can get back outside!
So that's what's happening in our little corner of the earth. Never a dull moment. I'll try to spend the rest of the week right-side-up.




No comments:
Post a Comment