Since then we've had time to comparison shop and last weekend the Bay sent out a flyer with a Kitchen Aid on the front. In comparing accessories and exchange rate, the one here ended up being a tiny bit cheaper. So I went and picked it up this week. So exciting!

(the cute baby was not included)
We got right on task of testing it out with a batch of choc. chip cookies.
It mixed it smoothly and easily, just as I'd always dreamed it would.

However, if you know me, I can't do things just half-way. In looking for room to accommodate my new mixer, I needed to get rid of my spice rack. In order to move my spice rack, I needed to re-organize my pantry. And, because I have no shame I am treating you to a before and after shot of my pantry. It took me most of the afternoon and evening, but my pantry went from this:

To this:
And to top it off, I didn't stop here. When Del got home that night, he was so impressed with the clean pantry and fresh baked cookies, that he agreed to order the last section of cupboard to finish off our kitchen. So, I've ordered it and we'll have a new section of cupboards and a longer counter top in a month or so (just in time for your return, Dad :).
(This kind of reminds me of the time I bought our awesome patio furniture and then decided our deck was too small for it...so we extended our deck. I have super ideas like that!)
Some people are addicted to drugs...my drug is called RENOVATION.






No comments:
Post a Comment