Saturday, March 28, 2009

One Year Ago Today


This is me, my Mom and Reid exactly one year ago today. We were visiting family. I know most people don't like to remember the newborn stage but to me it was delicious. Reid was such a good baby and Motherhood was like the gates of Disneyland had been unlocked just for us. I pray we'll get to experience that again. Many. Times.

My Mom and Dad are on their way home. I've sure missed them and can't wait for their return. They've been gone since New Year's and with our winter that has never ended, it feels like they've been gone for a year. They should be arriving early next week.

In other updates:
- Reid went for his first year shots this week. He didn't cry with the first needle, squawked with the second and had the full out mad cry with the third. I have to admit that I swallowed down some tears myself!
- He's in the 90th percentile for weight, height and head! At least he's proportioned.
- We now need to turn his car seat forward. It's been too cold outside to do that. Welcome spring ;(
- I had some extra things going on with work this week and was gone two evenings. It still seems weird when I'm away from Reid.
- Though he had a blast at the babysitters (thanks, Ashley), Reid cried when I dropped him off every morning this week. I think it's mostly due to the fact that he's been getting up between 5 and 6am so then by the time I drop him off at 8 he's really tired. It also could have to do with his shots and my busy schedule.
- Del works all weekend. That's just "boo" all around.
- Del has been working a maternity leave and the lady has resigned her position. Del has applied for it and if he's successful will get a full time permanent contract with our Health Region. Hard to do so we're praying for a successful outcome. He should find out this week.
- Though I really enjoy my job, I am really looking forward to Easter break.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: