Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Smartee Pants...

We don't let Reid have his soother unless we're in the car or if he's sleeping.

The other day he found a soother in his room and came out sucking it. I took it away from him and put it on our ottoman out of reach. Or so I thought. He pulled himself up at the ottoman and tried to reach it. When he couldn't, he got down and crawled away. A moment later he came back with his mini hockey stick, got up on the ottoman and used the stick to reach the soother. When he "hooked" it close enough, he grabbed it and put it in his mouth.

Del and I sat there with our mouths open. We also let him keep the soother because we were so impressed!

If he's doing this at 12 months, what will he be doing at 12 years? I don't think I want to know!

No comments: