Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A Quick Update


Sisters! Avery on the left, Morgan on the right.


First time holding Morgan.

Avery has a question! Grandma Z. is helping her out.

Little Miss Morgan and her blond hair!

Mommy's home! Well, just for a few hours here and there as I spend my days and late nights feeding the girls at the hospital.

The girls are doing great. Avery is nursing pretty well (my milk's not in quite yet) but we're practicing. She has a tube now and is being tube fed in order to get rid of her IV.

Morgan's IV is gone but she's also being tube fed. I don't get to try to nurse her until next week as she's still little. She's holding down her food and doing well.

Morgan is now out of the "critical" side and is in the spot next to Avery. It's nice to have them in the same area!

I'm doing well. It is a lot of work pumping, running back and forth to the hospital, etc. I will be "quiet" with phoning, etc. as there is not a lot of free time. We have lots of help with Reid, meals, etc. so we're doing well!

I'll update when possible. Thanks for your prayers for the girls to be able to come home soon. They for sure won't be coming home before early next week, perhaps later.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Laurie, they are absolutely beautiful!!! Thanks so much for the update and we'll be praying that all continues to go well and that they can come home soon!

Miriam

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear things are going well. You are all in our prayers!
They are very cute!!
Adele

wandi said...

Congrats Laurie, Del, and Reid. Your baby girls are beautiful.

Laura said...

All the best on your new little wonders... beautiful - your mom saved all those barbies just for them! ;-)