Saturday, May 1, 2010

Like No Other

Reid is a Daddy's boy. Always has been. Daddy is a Reid's boy. Always has been. These two are inseparable.

This relationship has fused even stronger during this pregnancy as I haven't been able to do a lot with the physical care of Reid. I can't lift him, hold him or take him places by myself. Daddy is in charge of most things!

I love that they love each other so much. I feel like I hogged the first year by nursing, etc. and now Del gets to enjoy being the "hog". It is adorable how every day at about 5pm Reid starts asking "Daddy home?" and will go and wait at the front window or the side door (hockey stick in hand).

This love-affair kind of has been back-firing on us a bit lately. Reid went to my Mom's for a day last weekend as Del was working. When he woke up from his nap he started crying for Daddy. It didn't last too long but he was looking for him. That night at supper I noticed that Reid had his hand on Del's arm. Through the whole meal. Pretty cute!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is very cute!!!
Adele

Anonymous said...

He is showing normal signs that he's afraid for Daddy to be away from him. Ronan went through the same things when we brought Ainsley home from the hospital... and even then, he continued to sleep over at mom and dad's after we were home from the hospital for a few more days - he reluctantly agreed to come home after this. In time, he relaxed a bit and realized that even though we may go away to work, we do come back. Enjoy your last few days with just one little one! Laura

Anonymous said...

That is such a great picture! Too cute!

Miriam