Except one thing:
He is a VERY light sleeper!
He goes down for a nap perfectly, sleeps 11 hours at night no problem but you can not make one little noise or he's awake. Afternoon nap times have become very important around here lately. Hauling around twins is very hard work and by the time 12:45pm comes around I'm exhausted.
I've noticed now that I sleep daily that there are lots of noises in the afternoon. Garbage trucks, tree trimmers, etc. The worst? Phone calls. We have these loud, screaming cordless phones that would wake the dead. There is NO way to turn the ringers off. This week however, I solved the problem by taking the phone off the hook. It works perfectly.
Yesterday, Del "forgot" about our light sleeper and decided to warm up coffee in the microwave...a mere 45 minutes after Reid had gone down. Not only did Reid wake up, so did I and we were both grumpy for the rest of the afternoon. Today as soon as nap time came around, Del left the house. Good idea!
So I have solved some problems but fear that the worst is ahead of us. How is my boy going to sleep with two babies in the house?
I think we'll find out in about 8 weeks.




3 comments:
Little people have sleep cycles of 45 minutes. At the 45 minute mark, they "wake up" and put themselves back to sleep. We try to be extra quiet every 45 minutes that Simon sleeps. It sucks but, it helps us. I doubt you twins will follow this advice though. Hopefully Reid will be craving sleep as he lives with newborns.
I don't know, have you tried playing soft music in his room on continual repeat? Or some kind of white noise? I know that when Ainsley arrived, Ronan announced that he no longer needed naps. It was a way for him to get one on one time with me. This may happen, and you'll be exhausted, but in a few days or weeks, so will he... at least there's always hope for that to happen! Hang in there... you're just being 'trained' for what's to come. Laura
Thank gosh Carter can sleep thru a hurricane as his brother has been whaling every night before bed. Cohen is a light sleeper too and I think you just hope they get used to it. My mom tells me she used to vacuum under our cribs while we were sleeping - I know you can hardly believe it.
Post a Comment