I have now reached 28 weeks! I'm excited that things are moving along and continue to pray that these babies will stay put for another 8 weeks or so.
We had an appointment and ultrasound on Tuesday. Babies are both head down. The doctor was very pleased with that because once you reach 30 weeks there is a very minimal chance that they will move. So, as long as they stay put all is good to go for a vaginal delivery.
Heart beats were both around 156 bpm. They are measuring the same and are around 2.7 lbs each. The level of amniotic fluid was excellent and they looked really good (although they wouldn't look at us).
I was very relieved. I get very anxious about three days before an ultrasound. I start thinking of all of the negative things that they could find in a warped way of "preparing" myself?.! So once the ultrasound happens and I see two healthy babies, I always spend the first five minutes or so a teary mess.
My doctor was "very pleased" and sent me on my way.
I continue to fall apart on a regular basis. I really struggle with bad sinus' which causes me to cough. I've developed an asthma type condition which makes me very reliable on inhalers. I have WICKED heart burn/acid reflux which leaves me in a constant state of fullness and being terribly uncomfortable (yes, even with medication). I can't gain any weight. I was holding my pre-pregnancy weight for awhile but this last month lost 7 lbs. Oops. Some days I honestly don't know how I'm going to take it anymore. I try to think positively but really just feel like I'd rather curl up and hibernate.
However, then I look at this face:
and I think who am I to complain about being uncomfortable. Three years ago we never thought we'd be able to have children, now I'm driving a mini-van!
We are so blessed. We are so excited to meet these two members of our family. I know I would have never been able to handle another pregnancy so we look at these twins as our bonus blessings.
I just have 8 more weeks to get through. I can do it...I think.




3 comments:
You CAN and you ARE doing it. So what if you break down - you're entitled. You're strong and once the time has come and gone, you'll wish they were still hibernating on the inside so that you could get something done - even something as simple as a shower! Hang in there... it is your last pregnancy (I presume) and you will be okay - embrace the break downs... you are entitled and where you're at is enough... plain and simple. Hugs, Laura
P.S. Suck on a lemon for the heartburn... it helped me at times - not always, but it offered reflief... maybe I was too busy puckering as a result. ;-) Laura
Thinking of you daily, but when I finally get a chance to call (2 kids napping) it is the afternoon and I assume the phone will be off the hook. Breakdowns are good as they seem to let some stress out and keep you going. I have been having alot of them lately myself so unfortunately it never ends - just tears for a different reason. Take Care
Post a Comment