Saturday, February 27, 2010

Spring Training

Reid started his first indoor t-ball game last night. He'll play every Friday. He's number 7. His team is called the Hornets.

Reid turns 2 on Wednesday.

Reid and his dad having been playing ball for about a year now. His glove was bought this time last year when we were in Arizona. They watch ball on TV. They watch ball related movies (like The Sandlot). They make ball posters together and hang them in his room. I just sit back and grin and know that there is nothing I'll ever be able to do about my sports obsessed boys! I just tag along and take pictures.

The warm up. We took Reid early to watch the team before his so that he would get what's going on. The whole time he silently slapped his hand into his glove and stared at all the action.

Here he is in uniform taking a few initial laps around the gym. He was checking out the bases and the turf. He was the only kid that kept his glove on the whole time.
This guy was running (around) 2nd base. Reid had it covered.
Reid wanted a close up to the other team batting. Not really a problem as they don't really "bat" as much as accidentally knock the ball off the T while randomly swinging a foam bat.
This was the one problem area of the night (which coach - aka Dad- obsessed about on the car ride home). Reid didn't want to take off his glove. Therefore he didn't want to bat. AND he doesn't like everyone watching him so he was also a bit shy. Made for a bad first attempt at batting. I'm sure there will be lots of practicing this week.

Reid had a successful run to first base (still a little miffed about his glove being off).

I don't know the final score of the night. I don't think anyone does (or cared). One of the players ended off the game early because he needed a bottle. Others just ran wildly while being chased by a parent. Before we left we told Reid that it wouldn't be cool to poop his pants at his first t-ball game.

Thankfully, he didn't.

2 comments:

Jill said...

That's HILARIOUS! Coach looks pretty psyched. What happened to that little baby boy I held not so long ago... all I see is a little man... sigh.

Ashley said...

He is such a little man! (wow I wrote that even before I read what Jill wrote) What a great thing to be a part of!