Tuesday, February 16, 2010

24 Weeks



Viable. That's what the babies are now deemed that I've made it to 24 weeks. Viable.

We had another ultrasound and another ob/gyn appointment today. Things are going very well with the babies. They are each around one pound. One baby is 611 grams and the other is around 714 grams. They are both on my right side (no wonder laying on my right side is painful) and they are both breech. One babies heart beat was 140 bpm and we forgot to ask the others. They both look great, although it was mostly just a mish-mash of arms and legs! They are already practicing breathing.

I continue to have excellent blood pressure and am measuring (fundal/belly) 28cm. I lost weight (again) at this appointment which puts me in the negative for weight gain. Not a big deal as the babies are growing well and it's not like I was 100 pounds to start! I'm just one of those people who don't gain any weight when pregnant. I am very good at putting on weight when NOT pregnant so it's all good.

I'm not even going to bother posting the two ultrasound pictures as they aren't good. They are direct on the faces so they don't have the nice profile. The babies weren't too cooperative today and the technician told us that from now on it's pretty much all business at ultrasounds as it's very difficult to get any sort of good photo.

I think I have managed to figure out all of the computer things (uploading photos) so I will have much more to share about our comings and goings in the next few days.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are looking great!
It would be nice to see you in person sometime - but I continue to read your blog to keep up with the going's on with the Zach clan!
Adele

cuz said...

BEAUTIFUL!!

Miller Moments said...

So happy things are just a truckin' along - you are a trooper and this is only the beginning test of how strong you will need to be.