Thursday, February 4, 2010

Birthdays...the best and the worst...

"You stop having birthdays when you have kids" - my mom.

She's right.

Yesterday was my 36th birthday.  It started with a bang at 4:30am when I was woken by my crying son and frustrated husband.  He had been up with Reid since 1:30am.  Now before you say, "you spoiled rotten lady, your husband gets up?".  You're right.  He does.  That's because I'm 22 weeks into a high-risk twin pregnancy and have had a chest/sinus/everything infection since November.  I cough my brains out.  Almost literally.  So yes, my wonderful, considerate hubby does get up with Reid.

Anyway.

Reid had a temperature of 104.5 F.  WOW!  He had been struggling with sleep, had no appetite and has been temperamental but no other real symptoms.  He went to the doctor in the afternoon and was diagnosed with a double ear infection and throat infection.  Aren't kids supposed to tug at their ears or something?  So after a long birthday without him napping, we finally go him some antibiotic.

The highlight of my birthday is that Del got me a MacBook.  YIPEE!  My computer troubles are ALMOST over (I have to figure out how to switch everything, including pictures).  Thank you honey!

Del also had booked reservations to the Keg.  We had to cancel though because of Reid feeling so rotten.  Del decided to go to the mall to get my my favorite Edo Japan.  They were CLOSED for RENOVATIONS.  For a MONTH.  During my pregnancy?  They're taking considerable risks. Good thing there's two more in the city.  We just have to drive further.

So.  I have decided to have a birthday "do-over".  Once everyone is feeling better and everything re-opens I'll be going on a binge.  Perhaps I'll have Edo for lunch and the Keg for supper!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

July 3rd will be your 1/2 birthday - let's make a date now to go for Edo!!
Adele

Anonymous said...

I mean Aug 3 - opps!!

Jill said...

So, so sad! :( Poor Reid! Poor Laurie! Poor Del! Poor twinsies without the Edo. I think you need a Mulligan B-day!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday!!!

Miriam