Thursday, February 11, 2010

Where everybody knows your name...



If you scroll down a bit you'll recall the story about my birthday where Del went to get me Edo and discovered that they were closed for renovations?!

This is how sick and addicted I am to their food.

My friend phoned me on Tuesday night almost shrieking with excitement.  This is how the phone call went:

"Laurie, guess where I am?"

"Where?"

"Parked in front of a BRAND NEW EDO JAPAN.  It has just opened, out on the East end of the city.  It's not in a mall.  It's its own restaurant.  Open until 9pm every day.", she said.

"Are you serious?  Are you sure it's open?  What are the hours again?  When can we go?", I yelled.  All at one high pitch.

So, today for lunch I decided to pop in.  You know, since I happened to be in the area and everything.  When I entered, I was greeted by the senior owner/who-knows-who.  Standing beside him was the guy that runs the Edo that we always go to.  He took one look at me, and with a big grin on his face said, "Hello!  There you are!".

"I've been looking for you.", I said.  "You're killing me with being closed down."

"2 more weeks.  You bring your little boy in two more weeks.  See you then.", he stated.

Is it pathetic when restaurant owners know you and chat you up?  I didn't think so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You went WITHOUT me!!!
Well...you'll just have to go again - this time call me and I'll meet you there.
Adele