Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Disaster

Reid has not been to the babysitters in nearly two months. That's what happens when Mommy's a teacher and has the summer off.

Today I took him to the babysitters for the morning as I had a dental appointment and I wanted him to ease into returning to the sitters. He's been a bit clingy this summer, even crying if I leave him with my mom and sister (well...the 10 second "do you feel guilty" cry).

I've been pretty anxious about Reid returning to the sitters. First because he's the oldest there, the size of a large two-year old and secondly because of the "hitting" incidents. I also worry about his mini-stick-becomes-a-baseball-bat habit as the little ladies at day care could lose an eyeball.

Anyway. I was so nervous that I even e-mailed the babysitter a long, neurotic letter about how I was sorry that he's so big, sorry that his father taught him to hit, sorry that he throws a fast-ball 90mph and that I've really been trying to straighten out his sports equipment to be used properly (I even suggested she hide her mini-sticks for awhile). I told her that we've been doing time-outs and that she will have to watch him like a hawk. She just laughed me off and said "not Reid, he's sooooooo sweeeeeeet".

So off we went to the babysitters this morning. I was nervous the whole time hoping that he wouldn't have a pink sheet taped to his shirt when I picked him up. Here's where the disaster happened:

He bawled, sobbed, howled, and threw a fit...WHEN I WENT TO PICK HIM UP!!! He cried most of the way home, had a tantrum when he saw our house and cried himself through lunch.

Is it really that bad here?

He was an ANGEL at the babysitters. Played, did the happy dance (I'll have to get it on video...so cute), was doaling out hugs to all his little lady friends. No pushing, no hitting, no crying. NOTHING but pure angel.

I think we're both ready to go back to school.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Oh my did I ever get a good laugh from this! I am so happy he had a good time, I mean how couldn't he with 3 little girls chasing him around! We had a blast and missed him alot, cant wait to see him back next week! And yes he was a little angel!