Sunday, August 9, 2009

Calling Dr. Sears.



This guy is 17 months going on 2. I think we've hit some terrible two's!

I'm currently working on a post that will drown you in my son's cuteness and obsession with baseball and hockey. In the mean time, I want to fill you in on the happenings that are slowly turning my hair grey!

Reid is becoming a little stinker! When in the mood, he will hit, scream, pull hair, push and run away. Not so much fun. In the last two days, we've had a couple of play dates where he has pushed his little "friends". I'm not very happy (obviously) about this turn of events and am pointing my finger squarely at Daddy.

You see, we recently spent lots of time with our nieces and nephews. My youngest niece was, on occasion, pushing Reid. Reid would just look at her but not do anything. This was fine with me but not fine with Del as he thought Reid needed to stand up for himself. So he taught Reid how to push back (literally hand-over-hand teaching him how to push). Super. Now he needs to demonstrate part two of pushing 101 when it involves proper judgement of when to and when not to push. Discretion that I don't think a 17 month old has.

Reid has also developed a fondness of running onto the street. To him it's a big game and he looks at me to see if I will run after him. I tell him to "stop", he grins and runs on the street. AHHHH.
Lately he has two speeds. Running and sleeping. So, I've been pretty exhausted trying to keep up with the antics. Del's been working some overtime which makes for long days for both of us. The solution for all of this: more road trips. I know I pinkie swore and all, but we're getting out of town tomorrow for a day at the beach. Toddler tantrums are much better when sun, sand and yummy snacks are involved. Right?

1 comment:

cuz said...

OH DEAR....let's put Cohen & Reid in a room and close the door - shall we reopen it in say....2015!! I am going to start calling them the twins!!! Be strong, this too shall pass. XO