This blog has always been and will always be about my kids. This blog is to update those of you who care about the going's on in our home. This blog is a way for us to share videos, photos, cute stories and the events of our home.
Last Friday, just days before our girls turned one, our lives, our family turned a big switch and have been forced a different direction. I have been diagnosed with Leukemia.
I have been tired (a mom of three, who's not), then I started with some pesky infections that antibiotic wouldn't take care of. Then I developed a fever. In a simple blood screen they found the cancer. The doctor phoned, I was immediately admitted to hospital and now my journey begins to fight this.
I feel the need to share this just to let you all know that I am a Child of God, I live by His Grace alone, my family and friends are AMAZING, I'm going to fight this and I have turned down a path that I didn't want to go down but must. I will follow my God and if this means I follow Him through a deep valley while my family and friends cheer for me at the top, then that's what I'll do.
I am thankful for many things. First and foremost I praise God each day that it is me sitting in this hospital room and not my kids. You who know me may think I'm strong, but if one of my babies was being poked and prodded, I don't think I could take it. Thank you, Lord, for sparing my precious loves.
I am thankful for the little things. Warm coffee, kind people, friends who bring me food and make me laugh, friends and family who are praying for things that I didn't even think to pray for, housekeeping, babysitting, family who are leaving their families to fly out to look after our kids. Lots. Like one nurse said, "there is probably one time in a person's life where they really need help. This is your time. Accept the help". So, thank you.
I HATE drama. I don't like movies, I don't much care for a lot of TV. One downside for me is all the attention. I struggle with that. I do not want to be a 'show' and so I will not be speaking much about my journey. This blog will remain about our kids and our sweet life together. I'm also not wanting to hear or know about anyone and their cancer journey (good or bad). It's like when you're pregnant and tell people and then all of a sudden you're bombarded with every pregnancy story under the sun. No matter what you tell me, this will remain my story. It will not be like yours or the person you know. Bless you for trying to encourage me, but I'm just sharing where my emotions are right at this time.
I have a wonderful family. I adore my husband. Our kids are being well looked after. I will be in the hospital in the first phase of treatment until the beginning of June. The second phase will run 6-9 months and will be in and out of hospitals and clinics. Then the maintenance phase will last a couple of years after that. We pray that this treatment works, I get better and we enjoy each day together.
Thank you in advance for your prayers. Thanks to all of you who are supporting on the front lines and behind the scenes.
We love you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Been thinking of you and your family Laurie!
I was going to email you and find out how this all came about so quickly, but you answered my question. I'm so glad that you've got such wonderful people looking after your three precious kids. I think of you so often and am praying for you and your family.
Will hold you all in my prayers. Hugs
Post a Comment