Del and I went on a date last night. The 'Calvary' came and looked after the kids. We had two requirements. We didn't want to feed our kids or put them to bed. That is like a vacation.
The last time we went out I think was last summer. It's been awhile.
We had a good time, just went for supper then wandered a few stores. Didn't really buy anything. When we entered the restaurant, the server asked us if we wanted the lounge or the dining area. We said dining area. We were seated and surrounded by toddlers. We looked at each other, got up and requested the lounge. We needed a break!
It has been a good four years since I've really been in the going out scene. I used to frequent restaurants and lounges when I was single. Then for our first years of marriage we would go out lots with friends. It was fun. I noticed last night that the 'scene' has changed though. Everyone eats with their friends AND their phones. Each person (young or old) has their Iphone or Blackberry seated right beside them on the table and everyone visits with each other and then checks their phone. This really isn't for me. I hope it's a phase that goes away and I hope it's something that I can teach my children is not appropriate. Do you REALLY need to be texting when you're out with your friends or family? You have to communicate THAT bad? What are you texting about?
I'm getting old. I know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
We still don't have a cellphone (except our car phone in case of emergencies). Mostly because we realize that we're not that important. If people really need to talk to us, they'll find a way. I always think that cell phones are some people's way of showing others how "important" they are.
Trevor and I will dine with the two of you phoneless in another few months. :)
Post a Comment