Oh, what a couple of weeks!
Are you still there?
Avery continued to be sick for 6 days. Morgan started on the 7th and was sick for 6 days. Then Reid got it (violently) and "pluked" and had 'the other' for 6 days. Help me, Jesus!!! There is nothing left of my poor brood, the laundry soap is nearly empty, the Pedialite company shares increased and we are t-i-r-e-d. Thankfully Del and I haven't gotten it (though I had a day of aches and shakes).
 |
| So sick! |
To top it off, I packed up half of our house and sold all of our kid stuff in a huge consignment sale. Though the sale was terrific, it took hours to prepare for. Each item had to have a full size recipe card safety pinned to it with a number, price, our name and item description. Every spare 6 minutes I have had has gone into this job. In the end we sold our kids stuff (clothes) up to their size now, baby stuff, some books and some toys. I took ELEVEN!!! FULL rubbermaid totes and some big items. I came home with 4 totes full (to sell at the next sale). Not too bad.
This project has spurred my already thought-out outlook on the fact that we have too much stuff. WAY too much stuff. Thankfully we have not had to buy much of it as we have had generous hand-me-downs, gifts and donations. However, we're drowning in it. Del and I had a very serious talk and decided to pare down to the bare minimum here. Organizing stuff is a full time job that we don't have time for. We will use what we have (we were already doing that), buy the odd thing that is needed (almost always at a consignment store - there are so many great ones here) but close the door to most other things. It's just too much! It's funny how my mom and mother-in-law talk about how they had only one or two things for us as babies, very few supplies, cloth diapers, etc. You know what? That sounds r-e-f-r-e-s-h-i-n-g!
In other goings on. I have a meeting* today. I'm so nervous for so many reasons! I haven't had a meeting* in almost a decade. I almost never talk to adults. My brain is fried. I know all the lines and theme songs to
Sandlot, Happy Feet and
Football/Baseball Barney. I get very excited about a good poop (my kids that is). I am the master at getting my kids to eat their vegetables AND I can carry 20+ pound babies two at a time. "How do I feel about integration?"...
durrrrr....ummmm...ahh...ahem. Here's hoping I can pull something together!
I will end in photos.
 |
| Eleven months! |
 |
| So very busy. |
 |
| Go Sens! (enjoy your golfing) |
 |
| Miss Morgan is into everything! |
 |
| Morgan's in the penalty box! |
 |
| Miss Avery |
 |
| Such a ham! |
*
not wanting to share more details at this time
No comments:
Post a Comment