Friday, November 19, 2010

Finding Joy

It has been a tough week.

Firstly, condolences go out to my best friend (of 36 years) Denise, whose Dad passed away yesterday.  It's been really hard on them and a tough good-bye.  I can't imagine what she's gone through.  So, sending lots of love her way.

Reid is taking part in a 2 week "I no longer need an afternoon nap" protest.  I'm going crazy.  I am not ready for him to be done napping and I think his protest is based on being cooped up in crappy weather, not feeling well and being out of routine.  He is napping today so let's hope the trend continues.

Morgan is NOT feeling well.  I've had her to the Doctor twice in the last 8 days and there is "nothing" wrong with her.  She is congested and has a cough.  She also has a very hoarse throat.  Poor girl.  For the past week she has been waking up every two hours at night. Brutal (when in combination with the non-napping toddler).

Finally, Del decided to participate in "Movember". Totally CREEPY.  He looks ridiculous.  Finally today I told him I would donate EXTRA money for him to shave that hideous thing off.  I couldn't even look at him.  I would imagine there is a decline in birth rate coming this August for all of the women who are disgusted with the stash.  Thankfully my promise worked and he shaved it off while I was out this morning.

So here's the good.  To go with the bad.

Reid has doubled his vocabulary and sentence structure in the past 10 days.  Today we were laying in bed (all 5 of us...we need a bigger bed) and he said, "We're all together.  One, big, happy family."

Then he said, "I'm going to go to the store and buy some MONEY".  Like it was the best idea ever!

Morgan pooped while in the exersaucer today and it went all the way up her back to her neck.  Gross but pretty funny.

Avery is so funny.  She goes crazy in the exersaucer, jumping and bouncing.  It's so funny to see because usually she is very laid back and still.  Also, we call her the "silent stinker" because she has a very quiet demeanor but you know she's plotting out ways to get her way and to make her brother and sister squirm.

The girls have added sweet potato and pears to their diet.  Avery loves sweet potato and I stopped her after she ate 2 cubes last night.

I'm heading out tonight with my girl friends whom I see about once a year.  We're getting pedicures, eating out and then watching a movie.  Should be a great ending to a crappy week!

1 comment:

Jen Wilson said...

Yikes.

1. When Liliana stopped napping, I started her on "quiet time" where she had to stay in her room QUIETLY and play or read or SOMETHING for as long as she usually napped (usually from 1-3pm). We still enforce this, even with K on weekends when we've had a particularly rough week or day and need some QUIET.

2. I hate the whole "there's nothing wrong with your kid" thing - so frustrating! I hope she feels better soon!!

3. Noah grew a handlebar mustache last month. MUSTACHES ARE GROSS. I can totally empathize with you.

4. Yay for Reid's vocabulary! And Morgan's pooping! And Avery's eating!