We're deep in moving mode. Yesterday we did the final paperwork with the builder. Today we met with our lawyer and signed the final papers. Wednesday we will get the keys.
It's sinking in. We're moving.
Our house is becoming crowded out with boxes.
Reid is starting to get upset at the disarray. He wants his Thomas Train. It's in one of these boxes. Wanna find it?
The plan is to ship Reid off to my sister's farm for the entire move. Basically he'll have a last night in this house, then after the weekend will have his first night in the new house. We intend to set up his room exactly the same at the new house to make the transition as smooth as possible. He's a pretty easy-going kid but I worry we may traumatize him a bit.
Anyone have any advice on moving with a 2 year old?
Thursday, November 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Exciting that the time is here and that you'll get to have Christmas in your new home. :)
Abby lived in 4 homes between the ages of 1 and 2, not including the two that were for only a few weeks each as we transitioned to new place. I think Reid will do just fine!
Both my girls have moved a bazillion times, and I've found that they love exploring the new house more than they miss the old house. I'm sure he'll do fine! I also set up their rooms pretty similar to the old place. :)
Good luck!
As long as their room was set up, with their toys, books and stuff they did really well. The rest of the house was still "boxed up" and they didn't seem to notice because their space was ready.
It's going to be great.
Adele
Oh my gosh, he was telling me that his trains were in a box and he wanted them out!!!
Post a Comment