Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Movin' on up

So if you look at the bottom of this post, at the time posted, it's going to read 3 something AM.  I'm up.  For the second night in a row.

We sold our house.  In one day.  Though we didn't quite get the money we had hoped to get, we did get what we wanted and got all of the conditions/move in date/etc.  So I guess we're moving.

Here's where the panic sets in.  We have agreed to only 24 hours notice to lift our conditions on the new house if the current builder gets a better offer.  We really had no choice to agree to this time frame even though we asked for 72 and then 48 hours.  We still have financing and home inspection conditions.  The home inspection is booked for Friday.  We were already pre-approved and in close contact with our lender but still officially getting your finances together in 24 hours is tight.  That and our guy is away until Thurs. (though we have other people to work with obviously).  So I'm up.  Panicking that by Dec. 17th we'll be homeless.  Things are always much more dramatic at 3am you know.

Let's look at the positives, shall we?

We have possession of the new house Dec. 1st.  That gives us a little over 2 weeks to move.  We are going to move ourselves with the exception of getting all of our appliances and a couple of large furniture pieces moved.  I'm not so worried about the house things, it's the packed garage and shed that worries me.  We don't have a shed at the new house and we don't have a fenced in yard so we won't be able to keep anything outside.  We have some options and will be keeping a lot of it in the unfinished (except for a finished bathroom) in our basement.

What am I excited about?  The ensuite.  We have double sinks.  We're each going to get our own toothpaste and then it will REALLY come out who exactly is to blame for the GOBS of toothpaste always left in the sink (DEL).  This is marriage enriching stuff, people.  I'm also looking forward to seeing my babies play while I spend my usual 7 hours a day in the kitchen.  Not having to move sideways to get through the dining area is exciting as well.  And the kitchen island...don't get me started! One of my first meals will be our favorite homemade pizza.  I'm going to roll out the dough and enjoy every minute of it.  I may even get it on video.  Just because I anticipate that it will be THAT good.

Here's some pictures I took of the house (it's currently a show home.  Yes I felt like an idiot taking pictures but had permission).  It's not our furniture or appliances but you get a peek at the layout.



Now if only I could sleep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!
I am excited for you guys!!
(I was still up too!! Finally fell asleep at 4AM!)
Have a good day - try and get some rest.
Adele

Laura said...

It'll all come out in the wash! Try to let your mind go blank and if you figure out the secret - let me know!