Yesterday at the doctor they were weighed (with diaper, etc so perhaps not exact). Avery is 6 lbs 1 oz. Morgan is 5 lbs 5 oz. Morgan gained over a pound 10 days!
As much as I have a love/hate relationship with breast-feeding, I can't argue the fact that I am blessed with great milk. We are mostly pumping and bottle feeding as they are still getting the hang of nursing. Also, nursing is a lot harder when you don't have the time to commit 45 min. plus. Perhaps I need to just haul the girls around with me on a breast-feeding pillow like Mrs. Dugger does! (NOT).




1 comment:
Because Ainsley was tongue tied to the point where her tongue formed a permanent heart (she didn't have to yamn to make it that way), she didn't latch on properly until the day she hit the 6 weeks old mark even though we had her tongue clipped while in hospital... then took to it like a pro.
I seriously felt like I was nothing but a milk machine, and my hand ached like I had carpal tunnel syndrome (so I got an electric pump to do the work).
This too, shall pass! Hugs and encouragement sent your way
Post a Comment