
My son has a new obsession.
"Mel-mo"
He follows me around with the one (and only) DVD case of Elmo. If I listen to Elmo's Opposites one more time I just might...see red?
He's not feeling well today so he's been a little bit more emotional when it comes to his fuzzy red friend. He's wanted to watch it. all. day. long.
We have some Sesame Street PVR'd (or whatever you call it). Here's the funny story about our PVR (it's digital recording of TV shows, those of you who don't know). This summer we were at my sister-in-law's and also at friends in PEI who had PVR. They were ranting about how wonderful it is. Actually, now that I think of it, my sister-in-law was ranting and raving about how fabulous it was when we were there two years ago. Anyway. We got home from our trip and talked about how great that would be (we had talked about it two years ago as well). But we could never justify the $10 per month extra to pay to be lazy (because let's face it, we watch enough TV as it is). And also I think our cable/Internet bill is high enough. So we never went for it.
Fast forward to last week when Del phoned to order CBC-HD (for the hockey season). I asked him to ask the guy how much PVR would be. The cable guy started to snicker on the other end. Turns out we already have PVR. It's included in our cable package. Turns out we've had it for the past 18 months. We're smart like that. So we're just learning how to use our "new" toy. And it is all kinds of awesome.




1 comment:
PVR rocks. We just got it. Too bad you missed 18 months of it. :)
Post a Comment