Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Mommy's Afternoon Escape...

Yesterday I escaped for 2 hours in the afternoon. I needed to return the car seat that we bought when we realized it was only forward facing. Returning a big car seat, downtown, while hauling a 20 pounder is not possible. So, I asked my mom to come over.

Let me tell you. Fun was had by all! I hadn't been out without Reid in a long time. I never really thought I needed to. 10 minutes into my adventure I was thinking, "why don't I do this more often?". It was nice to not be on a mission. It was nice to not feel bad for waking Reid up from his dreamy car-seat-induced-sleep at every stop. It was nice to "linger" a bit in stores. It was nice to not feel constantly annoyed when strangers don't hold open doors for you or waiting for the "handi-capped" doors to open, which I'm certain takes 10 minutes!

When I returned home, whistling Dixie, my Mom had a bigger grin on her face from the time she spent with "her boy" and Reid was snoozing happily in his crib. We both agreed that we should do this more often.

This Vacation keeps getting better and better!

(here's Reid's new look...it's the "I'm gnawing at my gums, teeth please come in")

1 comment:

Jen Wilson said...

I totally believe that breaks make you a better mom - they work for me!!