He still can't fall asleep without me in the room. Usually I have to lay there until I think he's asleep, then put one foot down, then the other, do a shoulder roll to the floor and crawl backwards ever so gingerly to the door to make my escape. My toes crack when I walk so crawling is the only option. Sometimes he says "Daddy what are you doing?" as I'm about to leave. I then scurry back and wait 10 or more minutes and repeat.
Avery is so much like Reid in this way. I've had to pretend to be asleep on the floor by her crib as she keeps one eye open focused on me. then I would slither on centimetre at a time towards the door; centimetre - break, centimetre - break, and so on.
Morgan, not so much. when she's tired she pits in, bum up in the air and face to the sheets. However, they both need their "soosies". Could be a tough go getting rid of those bad boys. "Is that crying I hear at 1:30 AM? Someone lost a soosie".
Morgan (towel use due to stomack flu)
Avery (a little less reliant on the soos)
Baths and Nigh Night!




3 comments:
Wow, that's a lot to deal with!
Both my girls had "soosies" until they were three. :)
Could totally relate to the acrobatics required to leave the room of a sleeping child! :-)
The girls look so cute in their little housecoats!
Miriam
So glad to see the return of the blog!
Post a Comment