Sunday, January 29, 2012

Jan. 29/12

Welcome to Snotsville. Everyone in the house is dealing with mucous issues nose and chest. Especially the girls; they're kind of like the ghosts on "Ghostbusters" don't get too close or you will get slimed. Avery woke up with a pretty good fever so I arranged for a sitter so I could take her into the walk-in clinic. Morgan seemed to be better; happy and coughing less so I left her at home. Avery gets prescribed an antibiotic. I get home and Morgan has a fever. I'll give Morgan the same antibiotic and take her in tomorrow.

Tough part of single parenthood is feeling rotten and yet having to care for the little sheisters. Tough part of being a single "Dad" in this scenario - "No Nurse" - I won't argue, men are sucky when it comes to not feeling well, no doubt about it!


Avery at the walk-in clinic

Side Note: I've figured out that the human desire to climb trees starts at toddlerhood, in the kitchen, using the parents' leg while working in the kitchen.

For the purpose of this blog I'll try and play catch-up on the month's where nothing was entered. Laurie was not a "drama queen" and so I'll try and keep things simple and matter-of-factual. Today I'll start with May 2011.

Emotionally Brutal. Never cried so much ever. Strange how when a baby is born life is so awesome and amazing and when cancer hits and you lose a loved one how awful it is. But, Life serves God's purpose, not ours; so we move forward with it.

I've chosen our family picture captured the weekend Laurie was diagnosed and was snapped during the girl's 1st birthday party to represent May. It sure was tough decorating the house for the party on Saturday while still trying to wrap my head around the fact that Laurie was in the hospital with Leukemia. She got out on a day pass on Sunday. Her God-given strength was passed
to the kids and I know we'll all be OK from this experience.




2 comments:

Jen said...

Avery looks so much like you in that photo, Del!

Crystal said...

I'm so glad you are carrying on with the blog. What a great legacy to leave your kids. I love looking at the pics and reading about your family. You and Laurie have such kind and loving hearts - you are inspirational!