Saturday, January 15, 2011

Twinsanity

I guess I should rant more often.  We have had two great nights with the girls.  Two nights ago, they basically slept through the night.  Last night Morgan slept from 8pm to 4am.  Huge improvement! (I do, however, chalk it up to teeth.  They were on a constant stream of Tylenol/Advil because of their immunizations).

The girls had their 6 month (yah, I'm late) immunizations this week.  I took them by myself.  Reid went to Ashley's.  It was the coldest day of the winter and our appointment was at 8am.  Why 8am?  Because with twins you have to always book two spots and so you get the "sucky" time.  Anyway, we were a bit late but made it through.  They did fine.

Here's the stats:
Avery is 22 pounds 1 oz.  She's LONG as well.  She's in the 97% for weight and the 85% for length.

Morgan is 17 pounds 5 oz.  She's NOT SO LONG.  She's in the 45% for weight and the 10% (ah-hem) for length.  We all don't have to be tall, Morgy.

Funny story:  I took Reid last week for a haircut.  I parked the van right in front of the door (two steps away) so I took Reid in first and got him settled.  Then I went back and got Avery and put her beside Reid (who was already getting his hair cut).  I then went back and got Morgan.  All the while I was being watched by a little old lady getting her hair done.  When I walked by her with Morgan she said, "How many ARE there?".

The girls love their brother!  They have lots of fun playing with him and he's so good to them (most of the time).


A sweet, elderly friend of the family has been busy knitting the girls hats.  We played dress up the other day and they posed for a picture.


"Mom, come and play with me".
"What are we going to play?"
"Layin' on the steps".

My pantry full of twinsanity supplies (Superstore had a great sale on).  And coffee.  What else does a mother of twins really need?

1 comment:

Jen said...

Ha! I'd have loved to see the look on that old lady's face!!

Hooray for sales!!