Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Wailing

So the drop off at the babysitters is NOT going well. Yesterday he sobbed, howled and even did the inhaling/hyperventilating "huh...huuuuhhhh....huuuhhhuuhh" when I dropped him off. Not so pleasant for the Mommy.

However, my amazing babysitter, did what any well educated care giver would do for an 18 month old baby boy and pulled out her husbands collection of old hockey cards to calm him down. Boy she's good (and does she ever 'get' my son). So he happily dug through the cards yelling "score" and showing all the ladies in daycare pictures of Wayne Gretzky and Mario Lemieux.

Today went no better. He cried as we drove up her street, pulled into the driveway and walked up the walk. This mornings drop off was quicker as I was running late. There were loud howls but no hyperventilating (that's improvement, right?). He did calm down though and coerced the babysitter to put on Elmo. He also "talked" non-stop this morning for her. They also crafted a paper Elmo. He was very into it (and those of you that know me will find this very funny since I strongly dislike crafting). He glued the eyes and nose on himself.



Don't you think he's gifted?

1 comment:

Jen Wilson said...

Wow. That's a pretty stellar babysitter you've got!!!

It'll get easier. I was looking through blog archives and noticed that Liliana went through the same thing at 18 months. It lasted a couple weeks, but she was back to normal after that.

Good luck!