This is how I felt today.
I used cloth diapers on Reid for about 3 months. My friend let me borrow her Kushies 3-in-1 diapers. I liked them but I didn't like how bulky they were and more importantly how they took FOREVER (2+) dryer cycles to dry. So once Reid grew out of them, I just went back to disposable, not wanting to spend the $400-$600 start up cost that buying a better cloth diaper system would be.
However, we have a used website in our city and I check it almost every day for baby items. Yesterday I came across a lady selling her appleCheeks.ca diapers. They seemed to be a reasonable price so I e-mailed her to set up a time to go and look at them. I didn't know a whole lot about cloth diaper systems so last night and this morning I educated myself.
Let me tell you what I found out.
This lady sold me her BRAND NEW system (she didn't like cloth, has gone back to work early, her husband wasn't into it so she never used them) for $100.00.
Now. Before you say, "$100.00" , let me tell you something.
appleCheeks.ca are known as the "upper end" of cloth diapering systems. They are only sold in one store in our city. They come very HIGHLY recommended but always with the tag, "but we didn't want to spend that much on them".
I calculated what she sold me and the total came to $370.75 + tax. I paid $100.00.
"START THE CAR..."!




1 comment:
Ohhhh I am so jealous!!!
I have a small stash of Organic Bumgenious AIOs with snaps and I like them - they are easy peasy BUT if I cannot dry them outside, any money savings using cloth goes out the window because they take THREE very long cycles in the dryer (and yes, my husband sat down and calculated right down to the kilowatt usage per hour - he's sneaky like that when he is trying to prove a point to me)! :-)
Miriam
Post a Comment