Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Camping with Turks

Last year, Del's family decided to meet in Cypress Hills to camp. He has quite the family as his mom and her two sisters all married brothers. So it's really "true" cousins on each side. There are 3 sets of aunts and uncles, 9 cousins (all married) and 13 grandchildren/second cousins. So needless to say, a big bunch of people.
When I thought about camping with our little two person tent and a 5 month old baby I said, "NO WAY" so we begged my parents to bring their big trailer along. Our accommodations were excellent. As was the camping (except for the first night when Reid decided he wouldn't sleep, however he soon got over it and did well the rest of the weekend).

Here we are driving into Cypress Hills:
Look closely in the mirror and you'll see what Reid did most of the way:
Here's Reid hanging out in the campsite with my dad:
Here we are snuggling under the awning in a rain storm:
Here's the moose that was taking a drink off of our picnic table as I was freaking out that it would charge into our trailer:
So this is how a big moose gets a drink off the ground:
This is the bull moose. Even more frightening with the antlers:

Here's most of the cousins visiting under an awning in the rain:
Snuggling with my mom:
Wearing his new shoes that he was gifted:
Beach day! Surf's up:
Hanging out with Uncle Jake:
"Biking" with cousin Shelby:
All Reid's first cousins. He's the baby of the bunch:
All of Del's family. His sister and her family (left), his mom and dad, us and then his brother and his family:
Good times, good laughs, good to be home.

1 comment:

Jen Wilson said...

Wow, it looks like such a great trip! I love this pictures. I would have been scared of the moose as well, especially the horns!