Monday, December 13, 2010

Good Cooker

Reid is my buddy in the kitchen.  The minute he hears anything happening, he drags out his trusty white stool and joins me.  I don't mind.  Often I have flash-forwards to him being a pimply 14 year-old who will grunt at me while scarfing down a meal before he quickly runs out the door to hockey.  So for now, I'll enjoy every sticky step of my baking partner.

Today we decided to make Christmas Cookies.  Oy.  One broken egg on the sock, flour everywhere, too sticky dough, crying babies and sprinkle explosions.  Not quite the Hallmark moment I had hoped for but fun (mostly for Reid) none the less.

Getting started

Too close to the mixer.  A flour facial.

Love the bum print

Sticking out the tongue helps with concentration

I remember my Mom always wanting me to press them close to the edge.  Now I know why.

Little boy hands.

Are they almost ready?

Mmmm.  "We good cookers, Mamee"

Morgan enjoyed watching from her high chair.

Avery enjoyed watching (and snoozing) from the swing.

1 comment:

Miller Moments said...

Carter is just the same, always wanting to help especially cracking the eggs. But these are the memories we will cherish - and of course baking alone is no fun.