School is going well. It is very busy. I have about 6 different groups of kids coming in and out all morning. I've been getting such a kick out of the little ones. Yesterday one student piped up and said, "I like your Pooh". I was very confused and started wondering what she was talking about until I looked where she was looking and saw the Winne the Pooh coffee mug I was drinking out of.
Grade 7 math continues to challenge me (I've taught grade 3 for the last 8 years, give me a break). Today I had to TEACH children how to find 23% of 672.9 million. Uhhh...what? All I can say is I'm glad I don't have high school students on my case load.
Reid is changing and doing tricks like crazy! Yesterday he was pretty grumpy in the afternoon and didn't sleep well. I looked in his mouth at supper time and noticed two teeth had popped through! He's pulling himself up on EVERYTHING which equals messes. He is now crawling on his hands and knees about 80% of the time (instead of the usual army crawl). He also has started "yelling at me" when he hears the phone ring. So funny!
I have to admit the week took a LONG time to go by. I think working about three days a week would be plenty. I just have to build up my stamina, and enjoy occasional afternoon naps.
"Hi, Mom. I'm just checking out some books..."

"Ohhh, this one looks good!"

Busted. (I'm so sorry this video is sideways. I have no way to fix it! I thought is was too funny not to share):
"Well, I'll get out of your way while you clean that up..."




No comments:
Post a Comment