Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Birthdays

11 months. Yes, he's 11 months. One final delicious month to go and then he's one, I go back to work and my life as I know it is over (insert sobbing).

Actually, on a work note, I went in yesterday to learn about my new position and I think it's going to be great. I'm the elementary Learning Resource person. I also worked on my schedule and I will need to be at work by 8:30 and then I'm done at 11:37am. Pretty darn fantastic if I do say so.

Anyway. Two birthdays in town today. Mine (35th) and Reid's. What a better way to spend my birthday than with my adorable son and my best childhood friend, who took Reid and I on a lunch date (to where else but Edo Japan...Reid needs to get his own...he almost polished off half of mine). Then, I went and had a massage. Tonight Del and I (and Reid) are going out for supper. Perfect day if I do say so. Reid also gave me an amazing present by sleeping through the night until 7:30am. Ahhhhh!

And, just in case you thought it couldn't get any better, I'm just finishing the last of the packing as we leave bright and early tomorrow for a LOONNNGGG vacation in Phoenix. This time tomorrow I will be in shorts, poolside.

So, I leave you with my boy's 11 month photo and with a hearty BON VOYAGE. You may, or may not (but probably may) be hearing from me via Phoenix.


2 comments:

Jill said...

Happy B-day! So, you are going to Phoenix! Have a blast!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great day! Happy Birthday, you are a great friend. Have a great time in Phoenix!! Bring some sun and warm weather back with you!